Grab your Koffee mug and come relax in my Lil' Korner of this big wide wonderful world . . .

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The smiles make it all worth the work involved . . .


Well, the ribbons are cut . . the paper torn . . and the boxes put away til next year . . it's over . . where did the time go? . . I didn't have time to enjoy the Christmas build up this year . . had way too many projects to finish . . seams to mend . . and edges to serge. Sorry to say that I didn't even put up any decorations! But all in all, it was a wonderful christmas and a good time was had by all! This year we all met at my daughters brand new house in Erie PA. All my kids, their spouses and my grandkids were together this year . . I have alot of pictures of the festivities but not too many of the gifts that I made . . never thought to take pictures. But do have some . .

My grandaughter LOVES to dress up . . so I made her clothes fashioned after Hannah Montana from pics I got from the internet.

These are two of the outfits . . made some from new material and some from "recycled" material . .
You probably can't see it too well . . but on the second pic . . on the arm of the chair is an afghan I made for my daughter. It is crocheted in "boxes" and then I weaved strips of fleece through the boxes . . I am so pleased with the way it came out . . it is sooooo soft . . I think I just might make one for me.
I also had my embroidery machine running in high gear. I embroidered hand towels and washcloths for each of the holidays for my oldest daughter and embroidered a set of towels (bath, hand and wash) with christmas designs for my youngest daughter.
Well that is a bit of what I have been working on . . now on to other projects! . . My mind is already working overtime on new ideas! . . Til then . . If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've ALWAYS gotten! . . time to think out of the box!









































































4 comments:

  1. Hey, love the Hanna outfits...she is just too adorable. cutey little great nieces and nephews I have..love em all!
    Ah, too bad you couldn't have posted pics of the embroidered towels.... :(
    So, what's next?? hmmm??
    Still got my coat to finish, then I can't wait to spend my gift card to Joannes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. You live in Buffalo, I'm from Elmira, and we both have daughters who live in North Carolina. How about that. What did you think about Mary Jo's as far as garment/apparel fabric is concerned?
    Happy New Year, and Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Faye . . As far as garment/apparel fabric from Mary Jo's - have only bought two pieces that I love . . made a vest out of one and the other I still haven't made anything from. My reason for going is the themed cottons for quilting! They have stuff there that I would NEVER find at Joannes!.. I started on a collection of Wizard of Oz material to someday make a throw. I have material that looks like a coloring book that I plan on having each of my grandkids color a panel and make another quilted throw. I have an entire bin of themed pieces that I bought there just waiting to be transformed in to something! . . .someday . .*sigh . . :)

    ohhhh and also bought alot of serger threads that were on sale! . . and many "gadgets"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy . . not sure yet . . . hey this could be a new blog entry! LOL

    ReplyDelete