Grab your Koffee mug and come relax in my Lil' Korner of this big wide wonderful world . . .

Monday, December 7, 2009

Karol's Very 1st Annual Kids Craft Day!

December 5th . . . was always our traditional St. Nick's Day - in other words, a free gift day from the Mom! Now my children are scattered along the east coast and cannot make it home for St. Nick's day any more so this year I decided to have Karol's Very 1st Annual Kids Craft Day! I had 6 kids over, ages 4 - 12. We made a gift for their mom's for Christmas. Since all the kids gave their moms the gifts that we made, I can now post a pic. These are reindeer ornaments made out of crushed pop cans! They loved it! I got the idea for the crushed popcan animals from a website called FaveCrafts.com. They have sooooooo many really cute ideas! I spray painted the pop cans ahead of time as I knew they wouldn't dry that quickly then I took the kids, one at a time, and let them do everything - even the hot glue gun - I made sure they were very careful and dropped a "glop" of the hot glue on the area they wanted to glue something to, they then put on the item (say the eyes), I had them count to 10 and "WELLA" it stuck! They were so proud of the job they did! The little gift bag was opened and given to mom before she made it into the living room! What a good time we all had. I am now trying to figure out a reason to have the 2nd Kids Craft Day!

1 comment: