Grab your Koffee mug and come relax in my Lil' Korner of this big wide wonderful world . . .

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Football anyone?

Can you spell Procrastinator? . . ah yes . . Reader's Digest Version . . . "ME!" . .
I am determined to finish my projects! . . One Project at a time . . one day at a time . . one hour at a time . .
Is there such a thing as Unfinished Projects Anonymous?!  If there is, then I must be the President of this organization!

Now to decide which one to work on! . . I WILL finish . . I WILL finish . . this might be an easy one.  My middle daughter Amy asked me to make her a stadium blanket.  I have three grandkids that all go to the same school district - 2 play football and 1 is a cheerleader.  Luckily they all play/cheer for the Newfane Panthers! . . Go PANTHERS !!! . . ummm sorry . . got a little off track there . . but I am a proud gramma!



So, I wanted to include a Panther and their last name on my blanket but how . . ?  I'm not good at writing patterns so I did what every other red blooded, yarn crazed, hook in hand crocheter does . . . I Googled it!!  What I found was sites that will turn your idea or picture into a cross stitch design.  sooooo I thought why not!  why couldn't I get the pattern in cross stitch and follow it while crocheting!  Good Idea!!  so I picked out a panther picture that I liked, ran it thru the web site, myphotostitch.com, chose 4 colors - blue, black, gray and white and it shot me back a pattern that I could follow. . . if you choose a stitch pattern with less than 1000 stitches your design is free.




Made a trip to Joann's . . coupons in hand . . and proceeded to buy the yarn.  I chose Lion Brand Hometown USA because it was thick and very soft.  The weather can get pretty cold at these games.  The weight is 6 Bulky and I am using a Q crochet hook. . . single crochet














the only problem with changing colors is the strands you get . . but I have found a way to weave them in without them coming loose . . I use just a dab of non toxic glue!  Genius right?!  I pull the strand . . put on just a dab . . cut the loose thread and stretch it back into place . . it goes in between the stitch so the ends do not show and it seems to hold quite nicely.

Well, this project has to get finished because I am making it to keep my family warm! Finished photo to come!

I am about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom . . and have to work on this in my air conditioned room as it has been in the 90's and muggy .. not the kind of weather to be crocheting a big warm blanket . . but with my past history, I have to work on it now or it will get put away with the other 27 projects in the "not finished" corner of my attic apartment ..

*With hook in hand I wave goodbye . . Happy Krafting!

Karol

No comments:

Post a Comment